Neelys Sweet Heat Tri Color Salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chiffonade cilantro leaves
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Salad mix
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- For the dressing:
DirectionsFor the dressing:
Add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk together.For the salad:
Place first 7 ingredients into a large bowl. Drain and rinse black beans. Place into bowl with vegetables. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Drizzle in dressing. Wrap and place in refrigerator 1 hour prior to serving.
When ready to serve, place salad mix into a large bowl. Add vegetables to the salad bowl and top with shredded cheese.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.