Neelys Twice Smashed Baked Potatoes
- 4 large russet potatoes, each about 3/4 pound each, well scrubbed
- 1/2 pound broccoli florets, blanched
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar, plus extra for topping
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda, plus extra for topping
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Butter, for serving, optional
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Pierce potatoes with fork. Place on center rack of oven and cook for 1 hour.
Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Using a paring knife, cut a canoe-like top out of the potatoes. Scoop the flesh into a large mixing bowl, leaving a 1/2-inch thick wall around the skin.
Using a small spoon, scoop the filling back into the potatoes. It will be a nice mounded pile of filling. Sprinkle with more of both cheeses on top of the potatoes.
Set the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until heated through and cheese in melted and gooey. Serve with butter, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of The Neelys
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis