Pat's Chorizo and Collard Green Dressing
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces Spanish-style chorizo, chopped
- 1 small bunch collard greens, washed well, ribs removed and sliced into very thin ribbons
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 cups cubed and toasted cornbread (day old yellow cornbread preferred)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Melt the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Once the butter foams, add the chorizo and cook for 5 minutes. Add the vegetables and saute until tender, about 5 to 8 minutes more. Set aside to cool slightly.
Add the cornbread to a very large mixing bowl. Pour in the stock, and the beaten eggs. Season the mixture with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the cooled vegetables and the parsley and toss everything together. Pour the mixture into a large 4-quart buttered casserole dish and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and continue baking for 15 minutes more.
Recipe courtesy of The Neelys