Pat's Smoked Pork Chops
- 4 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground thyme
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 4 center cut, bone-in pork chops
- Special equipment: applewood chips, soaked for 1 hour
- Buttermilk BBQ Sauce:
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Neely's BBQ sauce, or store-bought BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
Set up your grill/smoker for indirect heat at 275 degrees F., using charcoal and add a handful of the soaked apple wood chips onto the coals.
Place pork chops on the grill. Close grill and maintain a temperature of 275 degrees F, adding more charcoal and chips, as necessary. Let smoke for 1 hour and 10 minutes, until the pork chops are firm to the touch. Transfer to serving plates and serve with the BBQ sauce.
Buttermilk BBQ Sauce:
In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add the apple cider and brown sugar and stir to combine. Allow to reduce for 25 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, pour in the BBQ sauce and stir well. Once sauce has warmed, turn off the heat. Add buttermilk and stir to incorporate. Serve over pork chops.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.