Pat's Spicy Baked Beans
- 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Neely's Dry Rub Seasoning
- 1 pound dried small white navy beans, rinsed and picked over
- 8 cups water
- 1 cup dark beer
- 1 cup Neely's Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup mild molasses
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Dash hot sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Cook the bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until most of the fat is rendered. Add the onion and garlic and saute until soft. Stir in the chili powder. Add the dry rub, beans, water, beer, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, molasses, Worcestershire, soy sauce, hot sauce, and salt and pepper, to taste. Cover the pot with a lid and bring to a low simmer. Transfer the pot to the oven and bake until the beans are tender, about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Serve in a bowl or straight from the pot.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.