Peach Fritters with Orange Glaze
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can peach halves in syrup, drained
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Confectioners' sugar, for garnish
- Orange Glaze, recipe follows
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
Peanut oil, for frying
Heat deep-fryer to 350 degrees F.
Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
Remove 3 peach halves from can and cut into small cubes.
In a small bowl, combine buttermilk, eggs, butter, cubed peaches, and almond extract. Add wet mixture to dry and stir well until combined.
Using a small ice cream scoop, drop batter into the hot oil. Fry for 1 minute per side. Flip halfway through cooking before it's too heavy to turn. Remove to a paper towel lined sheet tray. Sprinkle immediately with confectioners' sugar. Place on platter and serve with Orange Glaze.
In a large bowl add the confectioners' sugar and drizzle in the orange juice while whisking.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay