Shrimp and Melon Salad
- 1 pound shrimp, cooked-peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 pounds seedless watermelon, rind removed, cut into chunks
- 1 honeydew, rind removed, cut into chunks
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- Honey-Lime Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Boil water in a medium saucepan. Add a dash of salt and lemon juice. When water boils, add shrimp, until they turn an opaque pink color. Remove shrimp from pan and shock in cold water to stop the cooking.
In a large bowl, combine watermelon, honeydew, onion and jalapeno.
In a separate bowl mix together: lime juice, honey, olive oil and dash of salt and pepper
Drizzle over melon salad and toss to combine.
Recipe courtesy of The Neelys
Recipe courtesy of Ingrid Hoffmann