- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups seafood stock or shrimp stock
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, in thick puree
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Dash hot sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds large shrimp (about 32), shelled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons green onions, sliced for garnish
Heat a large heavy Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil. Cook garlic, onions, celery, and green bell peppers. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in cayenne and let caramelize. Add the seafood stock, tomatoes, Worcestershire, hot sauce, and bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 35 minutes. Add shrimp and cook about 4 more minutes, until they are bright pink and cooked through. Garnish with green onions.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.