Sweet and Spicy Sticky Wings
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 pounds chicken wings, separated at the joint
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chipotle peppers, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 green onions, sliced
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a large rimmed sheet tray with nonstick spray.
Place the chicken on the sheet tray and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Bake until cooked through and crisp, about 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, butter, garlic, chipotle and ginger together in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook on low until thick and syrupy, about 15 minutes.
Add the cooked wings to the bowl of sauce. Toss until completely coated. Add to a platter and sprinkle with the green onions.
Recipe courtesy The Neelys