Pat's Crawfish Etouffee
- 1/4 pound butter
- 3 cups minced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound crawfish tails, bag reserved
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- Serving suggestion: steamed rice
Heat butter over a medium heat in a medium saucepot. Add onions and garlic and saute until onions begin to turn clear. Add thyme and flour and cook for 1 minute, being careful not to brown flour. Add chicken broth, Cajun seasoning, paprika, and hot sauce. Cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in crawfish tails. Rinse out the bag that the crawfish tails were in with 1 tablespoon of water, and add water to pot. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in green onions and parsley. Serve with steamed rice.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.