- 1/4 cup stone ground mustard
- 1/4 cup prepared mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 orange
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups red Zinfandel wine
- 1/4 pint strawberries, cleaned and halved
- 1/2 cup orange-flavored liqueur
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 (4 to 6-ounce) strip steaks
- 3 tablespoons freshly cracked black peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 head frisee lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, and julienned
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Blend the mustard, mayonnaise, 1/4 of orange juice, and salt, and pepper, to taste in a food processor or blender.
In a saucepan, combine the wine with the strawberries, orange-flavored liqueur, beef stock, and honey. Bring it to a simmer over medium heat, and cook until its reduced by half. Pour the mixture into a blender and puree until smooth.
Coat the steaks in black peppercorns and season liberally with salt. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in an oven-proof saute pan over medium-high heat and sear the steaks for 2 minutes on each side, then transfer the pan to the oven, and cook for 8 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
While the steak is cooking, mix together the frisee, red onion, tomatoes, apples, and radishes in a bowl. Whisk together the remaining orange juice, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil in a small bowl. Season the dressing with salt, and pepper, to taste. Add the dressing to the salad and toss to coat. Serve the steaks over a bed of the salad and top with the zinfandel sauce and a bit of the aioli.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.