- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, plus more for pan
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Cook's Note: This is the basic recipe for a sour cream pound cake. This recipe would have to be modified to make into a wedding cake.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Butter and flour a tube pan and set aside. In the bowl of a mixer, cream butter and sugar together and then add sour cream. Sift flour and baking soda together. Add to creamed mixture, alternately with eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Add extracts and stir to combine. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Cool cake in pan for about 10 minutes and then unmold and cool completely on a wire rack.