- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and finely chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 cups Hawaiian sweet bread, cubed and toasted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish.
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, pepper and celery; cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently or until tender. Add apples and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and place in a large bowl.
Beat 3 eggs in a separate bowl. Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
In the large bowl with vegetables, stir in chicken broth mixture, celery soup, and cinnamon. Add toasted bread, stirring gently to combine. Add eggs. Spoon mixture into prepared dish and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until center is set.