Arnold Palmer Cupcakes
- 1 cup milk
- 5 black tea bags
- 1 cups unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tablespoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- Arnold Palmer Frosting, recipe follows
- Arnold Palmer Frosting:
- 1 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup reserved milk/tea mixture
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with paper liners.
In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add 1/2 cup milk and tea mixture, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix well.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add dry mix into the wet ingredients.
Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks. Spread or pipe Arnold Palmer Frosting evenly over cupcakes.Arnold Palmer Frosting: