Aunt Peggy's Sweet Potato Souffle
- 3 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes, from about 2 to 3 small baked potatoes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, about 1 stick, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, about 1/2 stick, cubed, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup self-rising cake flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Souffle: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, vanilla, and salt. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Topping: Combine the brown sugar, butter, flour, and pecans in a separate bowl. Crumble the topping over the sweet potato mixture.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the topping is golden brown. Serve hot.