Banana Nut Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Butter, for greasing pans
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pans
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), at room temperature
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cook's Note: This recipe is not formulated for a wedding cake, but for a normal size everyone can use. Increase as needed if you are making tiered or extra large cakes.
Butter and flour 3 (9-inch) round cake pans; set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Cake:
In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add the eggs and oil and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened; do not beat. Stir in the banana, pecans, and vanilla. Divide the batter among the prepared pans and bake for 23 to 28 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the cake layers in the pans for 10 minutes, and then turn them out onto a rack to cool completely. While the cake cools, make the frosting.Frosting:
In a bowl, blend together the cream cheese and butter. Gradually add the confectioners' sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla. Stir in the pecans, or reserve them to sprinkle over the frosted cake. Fill and frost the cake when it is completely cool.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.