Big Mike Burger
- Patty #1:
- Pecan Burger:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- Patty #2:
- Butter Burger:
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef or ground chuck
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small cubes
- 4 ounces American cheese, cut into 6 portions
- Special Sauce for the "Big Mike":
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapenos
- To serve:
- 12 hamburger buns
- 6 leaves lettuce
- 6 tomato slices
- 6 onion slices
Preheat broiler or grill. Divide ground beef into 12 flat patties. Partially saute bacon - the fat should start rendering, but it shouldn't be crispy. Drain bacon. Mix pecans, parsley, onion, and butter together. Spread mixture on 6 of the patties. Top with remaining 6 patties and seal the edges with the partially sauteed bacon and secure with a wooden toothpick. Broil or grill 10 to 15 minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness, turning once.
Salt and pepper the beef, to taste. Mix beef and cubed butter together with your hands and form 6 balls. Push a piece of American cheese into the center of each ball. Mold ground beef around the cheese in the shape of a patty. Cook on hot grill or in skillet to desired doneness.
Special Sauce for the "Big Mike":
Stir all ingredients together until well blended.
Place 1 pecan burger on a bottom piece of 6 buns. Top with another bottom piece of bun and the butter burger. Top with sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion and a top piece of the bun. Discard or save for another use the remaining 6 top bun pieces.