Black-Eyed Pea Dip
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can spicy canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 (4-ounce) jar chopped pimentos, drained
- Corn chips, for serving
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch dried oregano
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
In a large bowl, combine the black-eyed peas, corn, tomatoes, red, green, and jalapeno peppers, onion, and pimentos.
In a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the wine and balsamic vinegars, salt, pepper, mustard, sugar, oregano, and olive and vegetable oils. Shake until the ingredients are blended.
Add the dressing to the pea mixture and stir gently but thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.