Blackened Tilapia Sandwich with Cilantro Lime Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 4 (10-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 4 Kaiser buns, split, buttered and toasted
- Cilantro Lime Mayonnaise, recipe follows
- Store-bought mango salsa
- Cilantro Lime Mayonnaise:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
In a shallow dish, combine first 6 ingredients.
Pour melted butter into another shallow dish. Dip fish fillets in melted butter and coat with seasoning mixture.
Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Cook prepared fish, in batches if necessary, 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.Cilantro Lime Mayonnaise:
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and chill.