- 1/4 cup sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 4 (10-ounce) tilapia fillets
- Cilantro-Lime Mayonnaise, recipe follows
- 4 kaiser rolls, split, buttered, and toasted
- Mango Salsa, recipe follows
Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
In a shallow dish, combine the paprika, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and red pepper.
Pour the melted butter in another shallow dish.
Dip the fish fillets in the melted butter, then coat with the seasoning mixture. Cook the prepared fish, in batches if necessary, until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Spread the Cilantro-Lime Mayonnaise evenly over the toasted buns. Place the blackened fish on the bottom half of the bun, top with Mango Salsa, and cover with the top half of the bun.
In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients. Cover and chill.
- 2 mangos, peeled and diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 small orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, juiced
Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl, tossing gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate.