Blue Corn Crusted Black Bass
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 (6-ounce) black bass fillets
- House Seasoning, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cups finely ground blue corn tortilla chips
- House Seasoning:
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- Blueberry Sauce:
- 1 stick butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup thawed, frozen blueberries and their juice
Preheat the vegetable oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
Season each snapper fillet with house seasoning on both sides. Dip
In 3 separate shallow bowls, flour, buttermilk and tortilla chips, Dip the fillets in flour, the buttermilk and then dredge ground tortilla chips. Place in the hot skillet and shallow-fry for about 3 minutes per side.House Seasoning:
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.Blueberry Sauce:
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in sugar and red wine, until sugar dissolves. Turn the heat to high and add blueberries. Mix together. Sauce will be ready when it reduces down.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.