Bobby's Favorite Sausage Potato Salad
- Water, as needed
- 1 pound red potatoes
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces kielbasa, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, about 1/4 cup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
For the salad: Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat. Add the potatoes and boil until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain the water and let cool. Quarter the potatoes and transfer them to a large serving bowl.
In a large skillet, heat the 2 teaspoons of oil over medium-high heat. Add the kielbasa slices and cook until brown. Transfer them to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Add the kielbasa to the bowl with the potatoes, along with the celery and green onions.
For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in the oil in a long steady stream. Add the dressing to the potato mixture and toss to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.