- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon House Seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- House Seasoning:
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- Mix the ingredients together and store in an air-tight container for up to 6 months. Use as a seasoning on meat and when cooking vegetables.
In a Dutch oven, saute the ground beef over medium-high heat until no pink remains. Break up the meat while sauteing. Spoon off any grease. Add the onions and garlic to the pot and saute until they are tender, about 5 minutes. Add 3 cups water, along with the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, soy sauce, House Seasoning, and seasoned salt. Stir well. Place a lid on the pot and allow this to cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Add the elbow macaroni, stir well, return the lid to the pot, and simmer for about 30 minutes. Turn off the heat, remove the bay leaves, and allow the mixture to sit about 30 minutes more before serving.
Serve with garlic bread and a salad.
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen