- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled deveined, and cut crosswise into thirds
- 1 pound uncooked linguine
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the vodka and turn the heat up to medium-high; cook until the liquid has reduced by half. Add the tomatoes, cream, pepper flakes, and salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the seafood and cook until just opaque, about 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of salted, boiling water over medium heat, according to package directions. Drain and transfer the pasta to a large bowl. Pour in the sauce and toss to combine. Serve immediately.