- Oil, for brushing
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 stick cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- Lettuce, for serving
- Red onion slices, for serving
- Tomato slices, for serving
- Ketchup, for serving
- Mayonnaise, for serving
Mix together the beef, salt, black pepper and butter in a large bowl. Form the beef into 5 patties about 1-inch thick. Place on a baking sheet.
Place the burgers on the grill, cover and cook, turning once, until the burgers reach the doneness you like, 7 to 9 minutes for medium-rare. Just before the burgers are done, put the buns on toward the back of the grill to toast.