Buttery Spinach and Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced leeks
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
In a large skillet, melt the butter and olive oil together over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, and cook until they begin to soften, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the leeks and garlic, and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the broth, cream, lemon juice, and salt; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the spinach, and lower the heat, stirring frequently, until the spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle in the cheese and stir to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.