Caesar Salad with Parmesan Crisps
- Parmesan Crisps:
- 3/4 cup (3-ounces) grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed and patted dry, optional
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 dashes hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 hearts romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and sprinkle the cheese, by the tablespoon, into the skillet. Cook until lacy and slightly set; about 1 minute. Flip and cook until crisp, about 2 minutes more. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Combine the olive oil, anchovies, lemon juice, garlic, hot sauce, mustard, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper, to taste, in blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
Put the lettuce, eggs, and tomatoes into a large serving bowl and crumble in the Parmesan crisps. Pour enough dressing on the salad to coat well, toss, and serve.