- 1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 12 pecan halves, plus 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Spoon 3/4 can apple pie filling into the crust. Add the remaining 1/4 can filling to a small saucepan and mix with the caramel. Heat over low heat until melted and spreadable, about 1 minute.
Whip the cream cheese in a large bowl until fluffy. Add the sugar, vanilla and eggs and beat until smooth, a few seconds. Pour this over the pie filling.
Bake until the center of the cake is set, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
Spoon the apple-caramel mixture over the top of the cheesecake and spread evenly. Decorate the edge of the cake with pecan halves and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Refrigerate the cake until ready to serve.