- 1 1/2 cups butter, plus more for baking dishes
- 3 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter 2 (1 1/2-quart) baking dishes.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat. Add the carrots and cook until tender. Drain and set aside.
In food processor, add the sugar and eggs and pulse to combine. Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and butter; pulse until smooth. Add the carrots and pulse to combine. Spoon the mixture into the prepared dishes and bake until set, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.