- 2 tablespoons butter, plus more for the baking dish
- 4 cups thinly sliced carrots (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons minced scallion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Colby and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a 9-inch baking dish.
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the carrots and scallions and cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the flour, parsley, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the milk and cook until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the cheese. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with the chips. Bake until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes.