- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon House Seasoning (garlic powder, black pepper, and salt mix)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup grated Cheddar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup crushed crackers (recommended: Ritz)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (recommended: Lawry's)
- 2 slices white bread
- Sauce, recipe follows
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix all ingredients together, except the bread slices and Sauce. Shape into a loaf. Line a 1 1/2-quart loaf pan with the bread slices. Place meatloaf on top. Bake loaf for 45 minutes. The bread absorbs the grease and should be discarded after loaf is removed from oven.
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar
- Chopped onions, optional
- 1 bunch fresh parsley leaves, chopped, optional
Heat the soup and milk over medium heat; add the cheese. Add the chopped onions and parsley to the sauce, if desired. Pour Sauce over the meatloaf or pass at the table.