Cheesy Bacon Stuffed Mini Potatoes
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes (1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cooked, crumbled applewood smoked bacon, divided
- 2 teaspoons roasted mashed garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup finely grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion, plus more for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
In a large Dutch oven, place the potatoes and enough water to cover and bring to a boil. Boil until just tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and let cool. Cut the potatoes in half crosswise. Cut a thin slice off the round end of each potato half to stand upright. Using a melon baler, scoop out the centers of the potatoes, leaving a 1/4-inch thick shell. Reserve the potato pulp.
In a medium bowl, combine the potato pulp, cream cheese, sour cream, 1/4 cup bacon, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Mash with a potato masher until well combined. Stir in the Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese and green onions.
Sprinkle the insides of the potato shells with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Spoon the potato mixture evenly into the potato shells and top with the remaining 1/4 cup bacon. Place the stuffed potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Garnish with green onions and freshly ground pepper, if desired.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.