- Nonstick cooking spray
- One 8-ounce package manicotti
- One 15-ounce container ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- One 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 large eggs, scrambled
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- One 25-ounce jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded provolone
- Easy Garlic Bread, for serving, recipe follows
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13- by 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Cook the manicotti according to package directions; drain and set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together the ricotta, 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella, spinach, Italian seasoning, eggs, salt and pepper. Place the mixture into a large zip-top bag, cut one of the corners off and squeeze the cheese mixture into the manicotti. Pour half of the pasta sauce into the prepared baking dish. Place the stuffed manicotti over the sauce. Pour the remaining sauce over the manicotti. Top with the remaining mozzarella and the provolone. Bake until hot and bubbly, 35 to 40 minutes.
Serve with Easy Garlic Bread.
Easy Garlic Bread:
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- One 12-ounce loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
Spread the butter on both sides of the bread and season with the parsley and garlic powder. Place on the grill pan and cook on one side until golden brown. Flip, and continue cooking until other side is golden brown. Remove and serve.