Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 2 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans green beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) jar pimentos
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (6-ounce) box long-grain wild rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar
- Pinch salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat butter or oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
Add all remaining ingredients to bowl and mix together until thoroughly combined.
Pour into a greased 3-quart casserole dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for a few minutes before serving.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Chicken and Rice Paprikash Casserole, Classic Chicken and Wild Rice Hotdish, Chicken Tetrazzini Casserole with Cauliflower, Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes, Orange Chicken Recipes, Baked Chicken Recipes, Chicken and Dumpling Recipes, Chicken Alfredo Recipes, Teriyaki Chicken Recipes