- 2 cups cooked egg noodles
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3 cups grated sharp cheese, your choice, divided
- 1 (2 1/4-ounce) package slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup drained, chopped pimentos
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, toss together the noodles, soup, broth, and sherry. Add the chicken, 2 cups of the cheese, the almonds, pimento, mushrooms, and salt and pepper, to taste, and toss gently to combine. Transfer the mixture to a greased 13 by 9 by 2-inch casserole and top with the remaining cup of cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.