Chicken Caesar Pita Pizza
- Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing:
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed and patted dry, minced, optional
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 dashes hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package white pita bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cups shredded fontina
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- Leftover chicken
For the dressing: Put all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
For the pita: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheets with aluminum foil.
Place the pitas on the prepared baking sheets. Brush each pita evenly with olive oil. Bake for 5 minutes. Top each evenly with fontina. Bake until the cheese is melted and the pita is lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
In a medium bowl, toss the lettuce with Caesar dressing. Top each pita pizza with desired amount of salad, tomatoes, and chicken.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.