- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen broccoli, chopped
- 6 cups shredded chicken, cooked
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Remove the outer wrappers from the boxes of broccoli. Open 1 end of each box. Microwave on full power for 2 minutes, until thawed. Drain the broccoli and put into a casserole dish. Add the shredded chicken.
In a medium bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, Cheddar, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper, to taste, and wine. Whisk together to make a sauce. Pour the sauce over the broccoli and chicken. Mix well with a spatula.
Place the mixture into an 11 by 7-inch casserole dish or 2 (9-inch) square disposable aluminum foil pans that have been sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spray. Pat down evenly and smooth with a spatula. Combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs and butter and sprinkle over the top.
Bake for about 30 to 45 minutes.
Cook's Note: Try topping with Cheddar or Gruyere cheese