- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 6 chicken breast halves (about 4 pounds), cooked, boned, and shredded
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cup grated sharp Cheddar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
Remove the outer wrappers from the box of spinach. Open 1 end of each box. Microwave on full power for 2 minutes, until thawed. Drain the spinach and put into a large bowl. Add the shredded chicken.
In a medium bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, Cheddar, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper, to taste, and wine. Whisk together to make a sauce. Pour the sauce over the spinach and chicken. Mix well with a spatula.
Place the mixture into an 11 by 7-inch casserole dish or 2 (9-inch) square disposable aluminum foil pans that have been sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spray. Pat down evenly and smooth with a spatula. Combine the Parmesan and bread crumbs and sprinkle over the top. Dot with the butter.
Wrap the uncooked casserole securely with plastic wrap, then with aluminum foil. Place each pan into a plastic freezer bag and seal. Place into freezer.
Allow casserole to thaw 24 hours in refrigerator. When ready to bake, remove the plastic wrap and foil. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes until bubbly.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray