- Oil, for sauteing chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter, for sauteing chicken
- 3 to 5 chicken breasts, (3 ounces each) pounded thin
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, seasoned with salt and pepper, for dredging
- 1/4 cup diced pancetta, cooked
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 12 ounces artichoke hearts, sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Lemon Butter Sauce, recipe follows
- 1 pound linguini pasta, cooked
Heat a small amount of oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour and saute in pan, turning once, until brown and cooked through. Remove chicken from pan. Add remaining ingredients, up to and including the capers, to the pan. Heat until mushrooms soften and are cooked. Add chicken back to pan to reheat and make Lemon Butter sauce.
Lemon Butter Sauce:
3 tablespoons lemon juice
4 ounces white wine
4 ounces heavy cream
1 pound (4 sticks) butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
Heat the lemon juice and white wine in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and reduce by one-third. Add cream and simmer until mixture thickens, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Slowly add butter, about 2 tablespoons at a time, until completely incorporated, whisking constantly. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and keep warm.
To serve: Place cooked pasta on each plate. Add half of butter sauce to chicken mixture and toss. Place chicken mixture over pasta. Add more sauce on top of each piece. Garnish with parsley.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.