- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- Two 15-ounce cans ranch-style beans, undrained
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Two 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- One 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- Optional garnishes: Sour cream, shredded cheese, minced chives
In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add the ground beef and cook for 2 minutes. Next, add the onions, chili powder and cumin, and stir together. Add the cocoa, garlic and jalapenos, mix together and cook for 2 minutes. Next, add in the ranch-style beans, cayenne pepper and oregano, and cook for another minute. Add the black beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and broth, cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Garnish with sour cream, shredded cheese and chives if desired.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.