Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Cinnamon Cream
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted plus 4 tablespoons, divided
- 1/2 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Cinnamon Cream, recipe follows
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Cinnamon Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat griddle to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
In a small bowl, combine milk, egg yolks, and 3 tablespoons melted butter; add to flour mixture, whisking until smooth.
In a small bowl, beat egg whites at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until stiff. Gently fold into batter. Gently fold in chocolate morsels.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter on hot griddle. Ladle about 1/4-cup batter for each pancake onto hot griddle. Cook pancakes for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Turn and cook the other side. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 tablespoons butter and remaining batter.For the Cinnamon Cream:
In a medium bowl, beat cream at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until thickened. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and cinnamon, beating until stuff peaks form. Cover and chill.