Chocolate Flank Steak with Pineapple Salsa
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 2 pounds flank steak
- Pineapple Salsa, recipe follows
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish, optional
- 1 whole pineapple, peeled and diced
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, and flesh diced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine vinegar, cocoa, brown sugar, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Add flank steak; seal bag, and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours or overnight.
Spray nonstick griddle with nonstick spray and preheat to medium-high.
Remove steak from marinade and discard marinade. Place steak on the griddle and cook for 6 minutes on each side for a medium-rare. When cooked to desired doneness, remove from the griddle, to a cutting board, and let rest for 10 minutes. Cut steak across the grain into thin strips. Serve with Pineapple Salsa and garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired.Pineapple Salsa:
In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Yield: 2 cups
More Recipes and Ideas:
Red Wine Marinated Flank Steak, Grilled Flank Steak with Mint-Cilantro Mojo and Grilled Carrots and Parsnips, The Last 'Stagon (Grilled Flank Steak) with Ying Yang Vegetables, London Broil Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Chocolate Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.