- Vegetable spray
- 1 pound sweet butter
- 1 pound 64 percent Valrhona chocolate
- 1/2 pound sugar (recommended brand: Dixie Crystal)
- 9 eggs
- 1/4 cup cake flour, sifted (recommended brand: King Arthur)
- Creme Anglaise, recipe follows
- Butterscotch sauce, store-bought
- Raspberry Coulis, recipe follows
- Pistachio Tuile, recipe follows
- Chocolate Sauce, recipe follows
- Fresh berries, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 12 baking rings with spray and arrange them over a greased and lined baking sheet.
*Cook's Note: This is like a double boiler except the bottom bowl is filled with ice. Add the sugar and eggs to a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Slowly fold the eggs into the chocolate and butter mixture, then fold in the flour.
Fill the baking rings 1/2-full with the batter. Bake in the oven until the sides have set but the center is glossy, about 6 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool a few minutes, then lift the baking ring off each cake.
For assembly, add 1 to 2 tablespoons Creme Anglaise to each serving plate. Add butterscotch sauce to plates using a fancy design. Do the same with the Raspberry Coulis. Add a piece of Pistachio Tuile. Transfer the molten cakes from baking sheet to the plates on top of the sauces. Drizzle chocolate sauce on top and garnish with berries.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
- 3 cups heavy cream 40 percent
- 1 vanilla bean, preferably Madagascar, split and seeds scraped
- 1/2 pound granulated sugar
- 9 egg yolks
In a medium saucepot pot over medium heat, add the cream, vanilla bean and seeds, sugar and egg yolks. Stir with rubber spatula directly touching the bottom of the pan keeping the mixture moving without sticking. Cook the mixture on medium heat for 15 minutes until the mixture tightens. Strain and chill over an ice bath until smooth, thick and cold.
Add the berries and syrup to a blender. Puree, then strain and pour into a squeeze bottle.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
Mix sugar and water together in a pot. Cook on high heat until thick and the sugar has completely dissolved. Cool.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 14 ounces melted sweet unsalted butter
- 14 ounces chopped pistachio nuts
- 4 1/4 ounces cake flour, sifted
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl. Mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
Fold the wet with dry, a little at a time, until incorporated. Pour evenly on top of a silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. Allow to cool, then break into pieces.
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 7 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup butter