- 6 (4-ounce) bars bittersweet chocolate
- 2/3 cup extra-strong black coffee
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature separated
- 1 cup sugar, plus 1/2 cup
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Whipped cream, for toping
- Shaved chocolate, for garnish
- Berries, for garnish
Break chocolate into smaller pieces and melt on top of a double boiler. When close to being melted add coffee and stir together.
In a separate bowl, beat 3 egg yolks and 1 cup of sugar, mixing well. Add mixture to melted chocolate and cook over heat. Stir well until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Cool.
Beat heavy cream with the remaining 1/2 cup sugar until soft peaks begin to form. Fold into chocolate mixture.
Serve in a beautiful crystal dish or glass. Garnish with dollops of fresh whipped cream, berries and shaved chocolate.