Chocolate Raspberry Cookies
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 6 -ounce package raspberry cream-filled dark chocolate baking pieces, such as Hershey's brand, or plain dark chocolate pieces
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry preserves
Preheat the oven to 350. Grease 1 or more cookie sheets.
Using a mixer on medium speed, cream the butter and both sugars in a bowl until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla; beat well.
In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Gradually add to the butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in the baking pieces. Drop by tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake 12 to 14 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and raspberry preserves. Stir until smooth. When the cookies have cooled, drizzle the icing over them.
Photograph by Miki Duisterhof
Thank you! your flag was submitted.