Chocolate Spiced Pork Chops
- Total Time:
- 20 min
- 10 min
- 10 min
- 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (1 1/2-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Add the oil to a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook for 3 minutes per side. Put the skillet in oven and bake the pork chops until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
Remove the skillet from the oven, transfer the chops to a serving platter and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen
Recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello