- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lemongrass stalk, cut into 1-inch pieces and crushed
- 4 fresh kaffir lime leaves, torn in 1/2
- 1 (3-inch) piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 pound, boneless, skinless chicken, cut into thin strips
- 1 (8-ounce) can straw mushrooms, drained and rinsed
- 4 small green Thai chiles, sliced very thin
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (13-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a soup pot, combine and bring to a boil the chicken broth, lemon grass, lime leaves and ginger. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes to infuse the broth with flavor. Strain the infused broth, discard the aromatics and return the broth to the pot. Add chicken, mushrooms, chiles, fish sauce, sugar, coconut milk, and lime juice and simmer for another 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Finally season the soup with salt and pepper. Ladle into serving bowls and top each bowl with some cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.