Company Shrimp and Mushroom Pasta
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 cups sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 (16-ounce) package penne pasta, cooked
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, onions, and garlic. Cook until the mushrooms are tender, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cream, wine, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and simmer until slightly thickened, about 8 minutes. Mix in the shrimp, stirring frequently, until the shrimp are pink and firm, about 3 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for 1 minute.
In a large serving bowl, combine the shrimp mixture and hot cooked pasta, tossing gently to coat. Sprinkle with the cheese.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.