Corn and Butternut Squash
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (1/2-inch) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a medium skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Add the onion, and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet, then add the squash. Cook until browned and tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 to 25 minutes. Add the corn and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Stir in the basil, dry mustard, salt, and pepper and cook for 1 minute. Transfer the squash to a serving bowl and garnish with basil. Serve immediately.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Curried Butternut Squash Soup with Paneer (Indian Cheese) Croutons and Turmeric Oil, Sweet and Sour Butternut Squash---Zucca in Agrodolce, Butternut Squash Spaetzle, Easy Barbecuing, Squash, Mashed Potato Recipes, Pumpkin Seed Recipes, Easy Casserole, Squash Casserole Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.