- 1 head iceburg lettuce, washed, patted dry, and torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed, uncooked
- 2 (8-ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts
- 3 bananas, sliced, tossed in 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, or salted peanuts)
- 1 cup grated Cheddar
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions, green part only
- 10 to 12 slices bacon, cooked until crisp, chopped
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
In a large rectangular dish, layer salad ingredients in the order listed, stopping after the nuts. Mix dressing ingredients and let stand for 5 minutes. Spread dressing over entire top of salad, covering it completely. Sprinkle cheese, green onions, and bacon over salad. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.